Important Membership Information
Reminder: 2010 Membership Survey Due
For those members who have not yet submitted their 2010 Membership Survey, your completed form is due 31 March. For member convenience, the survey will also be accessible online for electronic filing in the JHI Members Only section of www.jhi.com. Please remember, survey submission is a mandatory requirement of JHI membership per the JHI Association Agreement.
As you may already know, the annual JHI Membership Survey helps to accurately calculate a member firm’s annual dues, strengthen JHI’s branding in the international accounting industry and relevant trade media and to compile collective statistics for the association’s marketing. Information collected is kept in strict confidence at JHI Headquarters and will not be individually shown, presented, traded or shared with external parties.
If you have questions, please contact Lydia Wianecki by e-mail or phone at +1 609-297-2234.
2010-2011 JHI Blue Book Directory on Sale Now!
Twenty complimentary copies of the 2010-2011 JHI Blue Book Directory will soon be sent to all JHI managing partners. Additional copies of this comprehensive and informative listing of JHI member firms, their primary contact partner and primary contact details are available for purchase at a cost of $4 USD each. If you wish to order additional copies, please contact Lydia Wianecki by e-mail or phone at +1 609-297-2234.
Get Linked In to JHI
Did you know that JHI has a LinkedIn Group page? Members can stay connected without the hassle of lengthy e-mail exchanges. By posting discussion topics and questions on the Group’s wall, your peers will share their experiences and help you get closer to a solution. You can also stay up to date with mentions of JHI in the news and other association happenings. We encourage you to join the group and join the fun!
If you’re new to social media, check out these tips for maximising your LinkedIn experience:
- Utilise e-mail controls. Under “My Activity,” LinkedIn allows you to set e-mail alerts for whenever something is posted on a Group page—select daily or once a week. You can also control how often the Group members and managers can contact you directly via e-mail.
- Give recommendations to get them. Recommending your connections is a good way to build business relationships and your positive reputation within your LinkedIn network. Getting recommendations is also a good way to keep fresh content on your own Profile.
- Set aside the time. Don’t forget about this useful communications tool. Set aside 10-15 minutes a week to check out Group pages and respond to or ask a question.
JHI Member Recruitment Efforts
The JHI Membership Committee is actively focusing on membership recruitment. To help in this effort, we ask you, our JHI members, to participate by promoting the benefits of JHI to potential member firms when speaking to your colleagues.
To that end, the following areas in our three regions have been targeted for recruitment efforts due to lack of membership in these geographic areas. If you know of possible members in the areas below, please contact JHI Headquarters so we may reach out to them.
Thank you in advance for your assistance and commitment to JHI!
- Asia-Pacific Region Prospective Areas: Korea; Philippines; Sri Lanka; Thailand
- Europe/Middle East/Africa Region Prospective Areas: Denmark; Poland; Sweden
- Region of the Americas Prospective Areas: Canada; Mexico; Panama; Venezuela, United States – Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; Colorado; Delaware; District of Columbia; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Mexico; North Carolina; North Dakota; Oklahoma; Oregon; Rhode Island; South Dakota; Tennessee; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
Back to Top
A Message from Diane Galante, JHI Events Manager
I feel fortunate enough to have met many of you at a few of the 2010 conferences, and I am truly excited about all we have planned for 2011. Based on first hand observations, JHI members greatly value the many networking opportunities available throughout our conferences, from the Welcome Reception to off-site events and the closing Gala event. The educational sessions are also popular, touching on industry trends and current topics that are invaluable to our attendees. Our 2011 conferences will allow ample time for both while providing a glimpse into some of the most beautiful cities and cultures in the world.
Every JHI conference is truly unique. The sessions in 2011 will allow attendees to take a little piece of each session back to their everyday professional and personal lives. The people they met throughout the conference will become lifelong acquaintances and possibly “business partners”—as they may meet someone new with whom they may refer or receive business referrals.
We are always open to feedback from members and conference attendees. What would you like to see and do while attending a JHI conference? E-mail us at email@example.com.
Back to Top
Member News from Around the World
JHI Headquarters wants to keep its members informed about current member changes and helpful information from around the world. Please submit YOUR recent member news to Lydia Wianecki at Headquarters to be featured in future newsletters.
||William E. Philbrick, CPA/ABV, MST, CVA, CFF Appointed to IRS Advisory Council (IRSAC)
January 2011 (Worcester, Massachusetts USA): Greenberg, Rosenblatt, Kull & Bitsoli, P.C., one of the region’s leading accounting firms, announces that Senior Vice President William E. Philbrick, CPA has been appointed to the IRS Advisory Council (IRSAC) for a three year term. More >
||Dunlap & Associates, P.C., CPAs Announces Andrew T. Przyuski Receives CPA License
28 February 2011 (Chalfont, Pennsylvania USA): Dunlap & Associates, P.C., the Chalfont, Pennsylvania-based certified public accounting and consulting firm, recently announced that Andrew T. Przyuski has received his CPA license. More >
||Dunlap & Associates, P.C., CPAs Shareholder Robert J. Fairbaugh Named A 2010 SmartCPA by Philadelphia SmartCEO Magazine
28 February 2011 (Chalfont, Pennsylvania USA): Dunlap & Associates, P.C., the Chalfont, Pennsylvania-based certified public accounting and consulting firm, recently announced that Robert J. Fairbaugh, CPA, Shareholder has been named to Philadelphia SmartCEO magazine’s 2010 SmartCPA list. More >
Back to Top
UPCOMING EVENTS PREVIEW
EMEA Region Conference & AGM and AP Region Conference & AGM Previews
Investment and Connections
Europe/Middle East/Africa (EMEA) Region Conference & Annual General Meeting
Sheraton Istanbul Ataköy Hotel
19-20 May 2011
Invest in your knowledge of regional taxation trends and connect with must-know business intelligence in the Europe/Middle East/Africa region! Register today through the JHI Conferences and Events page in the JHI Members Only section of www.jhi.com. The draft delegate and guest agendas, as well as conference registration and JHI Conference Credit information are posted online.
- Explore current trends in practice management and social media strategies for business development
- Gain insights on regional taxation treatments and Turkish investment opportunities
- Benefit from numerous professional networking opportunities and social events
Business and Personal Health Boot Camp
Asia-Pacific (AP) Region Conference & Annual General Meeting
8-11 June 2011
The Asia-Pacific Region Conference is your leading resource for advancing the health of your business and your own personal wellness through continuing education and professional peer networking which benefit the growth of JHI member companies and their principals. If you are doing or seeking business in this region, register today through the JHI Conferences and Events page in the JHI Members Only section of www.jhi.com.
- Stay ahead of current trends in practice management, branding, international tax issues, wellness coaching and personal fitness
- Interact with industry thought leaders sharing best practices and fresh strategies during knowledge forums
- Participate in networking opportunities to expand your professional connections
If you have questions about the conferences or registration, please contact Lydia Wianecki by e-mail or phone at +1 609-297-2234.
View the current list of 2011 JHI Conferences and Events online.
Back to Top
JHI SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES NOW AVAILABLE
Do You Know a Potential JHI Sponsor?
The JHI 2011 Sponsorship Opportunities provide participants with the ability to place their company, products and services in front of a global audience of top professionals in the accounting industry.
Do you conduct business with a company that would be a great fit as a JHI sponsor? If so, send them the JHI 2011 Sponsorship Kit and direct them to Meghan Higgins, JHI Sponsorship Representative, by e-mail or phone +1 609-297-2234 for questions or further information.
Back to Top